There is a reason I only take pics of my kids

You know the nights when you have a big event to attend and get all prettied up... You put on a nice dress, pull out the cute heels you never wear, pay special attention to your hair and makeup.  When you get done you look in the mirror and think "Hmm... I actually look pretty good today.  Not at all like my normal, everyday mom self.  Yep, in fact, I almost look kinda hot."

You then proceed to said event, have a few beers, some food, and make a couple of trips to the rest room to use the facilities and to make sure you still look good.  Makeup needs a little retouching, but you are looking hotter than ever.  Maybe, just maybe, no one could actually tell you are a mom by just looking.

The night continues on like this; the mirror shows a little ware, but nothing that isn't easily fixed by lip gloss.

The next morning you check the pictures on your camera.  Yep, you conclude, I looked pretty good last night.  I still got it.  Of course you look good on a 3 inch screen.  You are the size of a grain of rice.

You then download said pictures onto your computer.  GOOD LORD!  Did I actually think I looked good?!?!  Who put that tire around my waist under my dress?!?!  Did my pictures somehow get distorted and get stretched horizontally?  But my friends all look normal...  And what the h#@! is wrong with my face?  Where are my eyes, why are there dark circles around them, and what happened to my lips?  I can't believe I went out like this.  AND actually thought I looked good.

Sigh.... time to exercise again and stop eating everything in sight.  This body is not ready for swim suit season.

Comments

Popular Posts