me - the mom

A little over 5 years ago I became a mother.  Something I had dreamed about, hoped for, and looked forward to becoming for years.  In many ways it has been more than I could have ever dreamed of.  My children make me happier than I could have ever known and I love them more than I would have ever thought possible.  But having children is hard.  There are a lot of not-so-good days and sometimes I miss just being me, not having to: get someone ready for school, wipe their bottoms, pick up after them constantly, figure out why they are fighting... the list goes on and on... 

This is my life.  Most of the time I love it, but sometimes I don't.  I think as mothers there is a lot of pressure to be perfect, to love every moment of motherhood, and to devote your life to your kids.  I am not perfect.  I do not love every moment of motherhood.  And sometimes I miss having a career and something all of my own. 

So this blog is for me.  Well, as much as something can be.  I suppose it's more about me- the mom.  Because once we become a mom, it defines so much of who we are.  It's my random thoughts on life... who knows if anyone wants to read it, but maybe once my girls become mothers maybe they will look back at this and get to know me a little more. 

Comments

Popular Posts